PRINT 101: An Intro to Graphic Communications
December 15th | 8:00am-3:30pm | $75 member ($100 non-member)
If you are new to the printing industry, then this program is for you! This class, full of factual information, will take participants through the basics of printing.
What you will learn:
- History of the industry and its impact on society
- Color Theory
- Common machinery used in print production
- Basic processes
- Post-press finishing operations
- Production flow of a job from order entry to delivery
- And more!
Presenter: Glenn Huerth, Professor, Fullerton College
Glenn has been an instructor at Fullerton College for the past 12 years. In his early years, he took Graphic Arts Classes at Santiago High School shooting negatives, stripping and making plates, and printing the school newspaper. He then became a Press Operator in 1973 and was an Offset Duplicator Field Technician for 35 years. Glenn has taught 4 years of GATF Certification course for Sheetfed Offset Press Operation and Quick Print Course and 8 years in Introduction to Printing 101.
Who should attend:
- Those new to the field of graphic communications whether it be creatives, sales, administration, customer service or production.
- Those wanting a refresher course.
- Those who want to make sure they are not missing anything.
8:00 am – 8:30 am Registration
8:30 am – 3:30 pm Presentation
Fullerton College, Printing Department, Building 900
321 E Chapman Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832
You can download a flyer here.