When it comes to California’s labor laws, sometimes it seems like the only thing constant is change! If you’ve been in business for any length of time, you won’t be surprised to hear that Governor Newsom recently signed numerous bills into law that will affect you.
Join us at this informative webinar to learn about the new legislation that is likely to either have the greatest impact or cause the most confusion for your business:
- Settlement agreements – What exactly constitutes a now-prohibited confidentiality or non-disparagement provision—and is there any way to get around these prohibitions? What language must now be included in your settlement agreements?
- Wages – Intentionally not paying wages can now land you in jail. How do you avoid criminal liability for what might actually be a mistake?
- Family medical leave – This has been expanded once more. What do you need to know?
- Electronic posting of required notices – Which notices can now be posted electronically, under what circumstances can this be done, and what are the rules for doing it right?
- Discrimination and harassment cases – Outside of new legislation, how might the verdicts in recent discrimination and harassment cases affect you?