WEBINAR: CA Legislative Updates – California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative & Single-use Packaging
Please join us for a legislative webinar that will focus on the latest developments coming out of Sacramento that affect the printing and packaging industry. In this webinar, we will specifically focus on the latest initiatives dealing with the various bills and initiatives on recycling mandates and the potential fees that the printing and packaging industry would have to pay in order to meet California’s potential new mandates. In this webinar we will highlight:
- The “California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative” which may appear on the ballot in California as an initiated state statute on November 8, 2022 or earlier.
- The numerous recycling-related legislative developments, including SB 54 which seeks to institute new recycling mandates.
- Other policy concepts that could appear during the 2021-2022 Legislative Session here in California.
Collectively, these policy developments would potentially:
- Require producers to ensure that single-use packaging and foodware is recyclable, reusable, refillable, or compostable by 2030.
- Require producers to reduce or eliminate single-use plastic packaging or foodware that CalRecycle determines is unnecessary for product delivery;
- Require producers to reduce the amount of single-use plastic packaging and foodware sold in California by at least 25 percent by 2030;
- Require producers to use recycled content and renewable materials in the production of single-use plastic packaging and foodware;
- Establish “mechanisms for convenient consumer access to recycling,” including take-back programs and deposits;
- Establish “Extended Producer Responsibility” (EPR) concepts
- Enact various fees that CalRecycle would administer onto businesses.
Please join us for an overview of these policy developments. Your business can be ahead of the game in terms of what’s coming down the pipeline in Sacramento.