Attend Industry Meetings & Events
PIASC sponsors a wide variety of events, from sales meetings and networking events to conferences and award dinners. Register for an upcoming event today!
If your company is looking to give back, think of the children of City of Hope.
This year, our goal is to put smiles on hundreds of children’s faces. Make a difference this holiday season and participate in our Annual Toy Drive. Help us reach our goal by encouraging your staff to donate a gift. Once your company has reached 20 donations, PIASC will add your company logo on the events website page and promotional material as a sponsor.
PIASC will provide the participating companies with a decorated box for their donations.
Starts: Tuesday, October 1st • Ends: Friday, November 29th
PRINTING United 2019 in Dallas will be a massive event, packed packed with people, equipment, ideas and opportunities. Before you pack your bag for North America’s biggest printed-focused event, spend an hour with SGIA’s Dan Marx, who will provide you with a preview of all the event has to offer, and will share strategies to help you get the best return on the investment of your valuable time.
Got printing equipment in Southern California? Unless your facility qualifies under a special rule that primarily exempts those with very low usage of inks and solvents, you must comply with the South Coast Air Quality Management District’s (SCAQMD’s) permitting requirements. Permits are required for both printing equipment and corresponding air pollution control equipment. Affected facilities are those that operate in the region that is under the SCAQMD’s jurisdiction: Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside Counties, as well as parts of San Bernardino County.
In this webinar Kevin F. Eshraghi, President of Abate Technologies International, Inc. will cover all the details on the printing equipment permitting process, including:
• How do I know if my facility is exempt from the permitting requirements?
• What forms do I need to fill out, and how exactly do I do so?
• How do I calculate the fees?
• What are the penalties for getting this wrong?
• What are the applicable rules and regulations?
• And more…
It is an exciting time in the industry currently as it transitions with many new developments and innovations, and Industry 4.0 encapsulates many of these. The use of the new technologies has democratized color throughout the workforce and allowed new opportunities to staff and companies.
The appearance and accuracy of color is critical to many brands and customers. Color management tools have evolved to allow many of these steps to be carried out automatically with little or no user intervention. Learn how you can achieve the correct color the first time, but critically ensure that you meet it every time. See some of the latest technologies and learn how easy it is to get that color pass first time, every time.
You Will Learn
- What can be achieved with color management and what cannot!
- Setting the right foundations for color management
- The use of automation for controlling and managing your press
- Color management tools used to profile the press, such as to GRACoL 2013
- How the cloud can be leveraged for optimal color consistency and traceability
Who Should Attend
- Production managers
- Operations managers
- Quality managers
Activities running throughout the day:
Letterpress Swap Meet
General Gallery Tours and Type Casting
The 50’s Printing Shop
For more information or comments regarding the 2019 Los Angeles Printers Fair, contact email@example.com.
PRINTING United is a brand-new trade show built on the strong foundation of the SGIA Expo. This newly relaunched event will continue to provide access to the latest solutions for apparel, graphics/wide-format and functional printing applications, while also extending into the commercial, packaging, and in-plant printing segments.
PRINTING United is a strategic response to market forces that are necessitating out of the need for a single industry exhibition that provides “one-roof” access to all printing technologies, as well as a wealth of educational and networking opportunities.
PRINTING United will provide a window to view the future of the printing industry.
If you use a motorized industrial lift truck (forklift or electric pallet jack) in your facility, you may already be aware that your lift truck operators should be wearing safety toed shoes. What you might not realize is that there’s more to it than that.
Join us at this members-only webinar in which Safety Consultant John Holland, President of Assured Compliance Solutions will bring you up to speed on your responsibilities in this area.
Participants will learn:
• What are the Cal/OSHA regulations regarding industrial lift trucks and safety-toed shoes?
• How do you determine if an employee’s feet need hard-toed protection?
• If an employee needs to wear safety-toed shoes, does it matter which ones they wear?
• Who is responsible for paying for safety-toed shoes when they’re required?
• How do you complete the Written Personal Protective Equipment Hazard Assessment that Cal/OSHA requires? What do you do with the completed Assessment?
• What are the recommended safety procedures when pedestrians share aisleways with industrial lift trucks?
• What are the penalties for non-compliance with these regulations—and is Cal/OSHA really enforcing these rules anyway?
Ever wanted to know what Six Sigma is, and how it is applicable to the printing industry? Lean Six Sigma methodology has transformed vital service and manufacturing industries where failure is not an option. How can we apply those same tools and methodologies to printing? Rework and quality failures cost the average printing company 20% to 30% of their dollars sold. Learn how to prevent quality failures and develop your own plan for improvement in your organization.
Presenter: Gordon Rivera, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Millennials and Generation Z are the largest generations in the workforce. While they bring valuable skills, insights, and ambition to the workforce, they are often a source of tension among experienced leaders and managers. Ryan shares relevant data and innovative insights to better understand what drives the performance of the emerging generations. This program provides tactical strategies to dramatically improve the managing, recruiting, retention, and engagement of your next generation workforce.
- Insights into Millennial and Gen Z values, behaviors, motivators, and expectation
- Perspectives of the key workplace and leadership preferences of the next generation
- Strategies that are proven and actionable to lead, retain, recruit, and engage Millennials and Gen Z
- Techniques for communicating and connecting with the emerging generations
- Best-in-class examples of organizations and leaders successfully leading and engaging the next generation
- Ability to lead, retain, recruit, and engage Millennials and Gen Z
Data security isn’t just an IT issue. Everyone in the business, including owners, marketers and sales reps, need to know how current cybersecurity laws affect marketing and operations.
Join PCC and The DOT Corp for a cybersecurity lunch and learn that will keep you current and compliant. Speakers will give zip talks and a full panel Q&A covering these cybersecurity topics:
- HITRUST overview and updates for 2020
- CCPA vs GDPR
- Current information security landscape
- The new ISO 27701 International Standard for Privacy
11:45-1:30: Lunch & Seminar
See socalpcc.org for registration. Vencent Quaglia 714 701-2633
November, 15-16, 2019
Spend two days with the top leaders in print and finishing as they present the newest technologies in an ever-evolving industry. Learn how to expand your revenue opportunities to include large-format printing or automate your production to maximize your profitability. From TECHEXPO, you will meet and talk to over 15+ manufacturers, gain new strategies to bringing solutions in-house as well as how you can gain new customers. We are the largest trade show for commercial printers and bindery providers in the western US. Register today!
Register via event website: pfstechexpo.com
Career Day consists of a morning “exposition style” session, encouraging students to visit different company tables and ask questions about employment opportunities. The event is a great chance to showcase your organization and recruit top talent. Some members use displays while many opt to bring samples and literature that describe their organizations. Giveaways are popular with the students and leave a lasting impression.
CAREER DAY DETAILS:
Your participation includes:
• one six foot table and chairs
• one parking permit
• continental breakfast
• welcome dinner evening before
In January 2020, Printing Industries of America and SGIA is hosting the premier color event in the industry—COLOR20. We are continuously on the lookout for new speakers and topic ideas for this event. Our goal with COLOR20 is to deliver helpful, practical, real-world sessions to our conference attendees.
Contact: Jenn Strang
TAGA is the premier global association for individuals researching, developing, and studying graphic arts technology and hosts an Annual Technical Conference for print professionals, scientists, researchers, university professors, and students.
The 2020 Continuous Improvement Conference (April 5-8 in Columbus, Ohio) is the only annual event focused on helping custom manufacturers such as printing and converting companies achieve operational excellence by using the concepts of Lean manufacturing and other management and quality systems. Year after year attendees directly link reduced costs, lowered waste, and increased profit margins to ideas gained from conference presentations and networking.
Whether you’re starting a structured improvement program, or are looking for ways to sustain and improve your existing efforts, the conference has content specifically designed for your knowledge level.