Who We Are
Everything You Need
Group Medical Benefits
Human Resources Support
Training and Events
You’ll Be In Excellent Company
Calendar of Events
WEBINAR: CA Legislative Updates – California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative & Single-use Packaging
Please join us for a legislative webinar that will focus on the latest developments coming out of Sacramento that affect the printing and packaging industry. In this webinar, we will specifically focus on the latest initiatives dealing with the various bills and initiatives on recycling mandates and the potential fees that the printing and packaging industry would have to pay in order to meet California’s potential new mandates. In this webinar we will highlight:
- The “California Plastic Waste Reduction Regulations Initiative” which may appear on the ballot in California as an initiated state statute on November 8, 2022 or earlier.
- The numerous recycling-related legislative developments, including SB 54 which seeks to institute new recycling mandates.
- Other policy concepts that could appear during the 2021-2022 Legislative Session here in California.
Collectively, these policy developments would potentially:
- Require producers to ensure that single-use packaging and foodware is recyclable, reusable, refillable, or compostable by 2030.
- Require producers to reduce or eliminate single-use plastic packaging or foodware that CalRecycle determines is unnecessary for product delivery;
- Require producers to reduce the amount of single-use plastic packaging and foodware sold in California by at least 25 percent by 2030;
- Require producers to use recycled content and renewable materials in the production of single-use plastic packaging and foodware;
- Establish “mechanisms for convenient consumer access to recycling,” including take-back programs and deposits;
- Establish “Extended Producer Responsibility” (EPR) concepts
- Enact various fees that CalRecycle would administer onto businesses.
Please join us for an overview of these policy developments. Your business can be ahead of the game in terms of what’s coming down the pipeline in Sacramento.
WEBINAR: The Special HR Issues Surrounding Your Sales Force
Amongst the long list of human resources rules and regulations that you need to follow, if it seems like salespeople form a special category unto themselves it’s because in many ways they do. Of course, as with all governmental regulations that impact HR, getting it wrong can be costly.
Join us for this informational webinar to learn:
- How do you determine if a salesperson is a contractor or an employee?
- From the standpoint of California labor laws, what makes a person an “inside salesperson” versus and “outside salesperson”?
- How does the “inside salesperson” versus “outside salesperson” designation impact wage and hour considerations?
- When is a salesperson’s commission earned and when must it be paid?
- What needs to be in your contract and commission agreements?
About the Instructor
Susan Levi of HR|Bizz holds a B.A. degree in Psychology from UC Irvine, an M.A. degree in Psychology from Pepperdine University, a PsyD in Organizational Management and Consulting from Phillips Graduate University and a PHR certification from the HR Certification Institute and a SPHR Certification. Susan is an expert in the full gamut of Human Resources issues, from labor codes and training to onboarding, employee discipline, audits, HR information system development and much more.
WEBINAR: Why Leadership Matters! Are You Ready for the New World of Leadership & Sales Management?
The world is constantly changing and you need to constantly change with it. The “new normal” will require us to manage client relationships in new and creative ways, and find new prospects using different, customized approaches.
What are the best management practices today for effectively leading your company and sales team to attain the success you want? How can you lead with conviction and still stay focused on the top line? Join us for this webinar to find out!
Topics to be covered include:
• Creating prospecting strategies that will connect you to new customers
• Understanding the “new normal” sales cycle
• New ways to connect with clients—both virtually and in person
• Creative ways to stand out for engagement with prospects
In addition, you’ll also have an opportunity to ask your questions live during the Q&A session.
This webinar is free for PIASC members.