Presenting the Best of the Best in Print – Southern California Winners of the 15th Annual Print Excellence Awards
The Printing Industries Association, Inc. of Southern California (PIASC), presented the winners of the 15th Annual local Print Excellence Awards competition during Graphics Night at the Pacific Palms Resort in Industry Hills on Friday, May 3, 2019. Only the Best of Show, People’s Choice, Judges’, Best of Specialty, and Best of Category awards were presented at this event. A complete list of all winners is available by clicking here >>
The competition this year included over 90 categories. Participants were asked to enter their best printed samples which were reviewed by our judges with a combined 90 years of experience in the printing industry. Judges considered the following: Quality of Printing, Degree of Difficulty, Technical Expertise including registration, ink coverage, density of solids, dot structure, crossovers, paper usage, category description, finishing techniques and overall visual appearance.
Companies that participated could receive up to 6 different awards:
- Best of Show, awarded to the one most outstanding entry from the entire competition.
- Best of Specialty Award, awarded to one company which demonstrated excellence in the following: Best Use of Paper, Best Execution of Ink, Best Design, Best Unique Fold.
- Judges’ Award, awarded when all judges feel an additional piece deserved special recognition.
- Best of Category, awarded to the most outstanding entry in each category.
- Award of Excellence, awarded to those entries which are runner-ups for each category.
- Certificate of Merit, awarded to those meritorious of recognition for their high level of quality in printing and design.
- People’s Choice Award, awarded to the one piece displayed during Graphics Night that was selected by industry peers and guests.
This year we received over 240 entries from 40+ companies. Entries ranged from business cards and catalogs, to labels and wall/building graphics. Judges were so impressed we awarded 65 Best of Category, 103 Awards of Excellence and 61 Certificates of Merit.
The following were the top awards announced during Graphics Night:
Best of Show: D’Andrea Visual Communications for “Mayans Media Guide” Sponsored by: Kelly Paper & Spicers Paper
People’s Choice Award: Stoughton Printing Co. for “Rick and Morty” Sponsored by: Kelly Paper & Spicers Paper.
Judges’ Award: Continental Colorcraft for “2019 Continental Colorcraft Calendar”
Best Execution of Ink Award: D’Andrea Visual Communications for “Pose Media Kit” Sponsored by: Nyotron
Best Unique Fold: Dual Graphics for “Print and Cross Media Solutions” Sponsored by: M1 Core Traction
Best Use of Paper: Dual Graphics for “Designing for Print, the Art & Science” Sponsored by: Kelly Paper & Spicers Paper
Best Design: Stoughton Printing Co. for “Rick and Morty” Sponsored by: MONA Solutions
PIASC will be submitting the Best of Category winning entries at no additional charge to members to PIA’s National “Premier Print Awards” competition also known as the Benny’s. Next year’s competition deadline will be Friday, February 28, 2020. Please save the date for the 2020 Graphics Night at the Disneyland Hotel on Friday, May 1, 2020.
Leave a CommentLogin